Resume for Melissa Monson
Contact me with any questions on my background. I look forward to hearing from you!
An engaging, curious, conversational writer covering a broad range of topics such as coaching, personal and professional development, gender issues, technology, and music. I am a team player, and a strategic problem solver who loves to innovate and offer strong written and communication skills for long-form content, email campaigns, and social media content creation.
WRITING, EDITING, AND MARKETING EXPERIENCE
Writer, Renaissance Woman Writing LLC 2021 – Present
Resume + LinkedIn Writer, Find Your Fit
- Write coaching clients’ resumes, cover letters, and LinkedIn profile summaries.
Contract Ghostwriter, CAKE Publishing
- Write email marketing newsletters using brand identity, voice, and tone.
- Write long-form articles using research-backed sources.
- Write content under a variety of deadlines, including one-day turnarounds.
Team Coordinator and Community Outreach, Rise Up for You 2021 – 2022
- Create web content writing while also copy editing for Mailchimp newsletters for an executive, entrepreneurial, and working professional vertical of over 6k.
- Utilize marketing strategies to create promotional emails (Mailchimp) and text campaigns (Project Broadcast) using copywriting trends to a 6k+ audience for services and events.
- Use direct response marketing through social media marketing posts.
- Capture photos and videos of events for social media and email marketing.
- Upload and schedule SoundCloud and YouTube podcast recordings using company formatting, create YouTube cover images, and podcast images using Canva.
- Create design and content for social media posts using company identity and tone.
Freelance Writing and Editing, Multiple Clients 2014-2020
- Medium, articles for 7+ publications on a variety of topics
- Me Boldly Life Coaching, content on life coaching and upcoming events
- Powered by Headphones, first-person concert reviews via WordPress
- Minnesota Paralegal Association, 10+ newsletter articles, and monthly editorial column
- Triple III Foundation, promotional speeches to create education on children’s mental illness
- Lisa Saline Social Media Training and Consulting, promotional content for brand awareness
PROJECT MANAGEMENT CONTRACTS AND FULL-TIME EXPERIENCE 2014-2021
Prime Therapeutics, Thomson Reuters, RBC Wealth Management, Optum, Wells Fargo Home Mortgage, Braun Intertec, Ameriprise, and more. Please see my LinkedIn for more details.
- Certifications: Professional Coach, Associate in Project Management
- Bachelor of Arts, Journalism, Augsburg College
Collaboration: Slack, Jabber, WebEx, Skype, Teams, Zoom, Google Workspace, SharePoint
Content Creation: Vimeo, Canva, Streamyard, Thinkific, YouTube, SoundCloud
Content Management System (CMS): WordPress
Design: Figma, Marvel
Marketing: Buffer, Linktree, Calendly, Typeform, Mailchimp, Project Broadcast,
Project Tools: Airtable, Smartsheet, Microsoft Suite, Confluence, Planview, Azure, Basecamp, Jira, Trello, MS Teams Task Planner, Fieldglass, Clockify